Saturday, August 02, 2014

66 days to form a habit ...


Or other, so-called, experts say it is 21 or fewer, or more, or whatever.  The point of this new blog post, after over 3 years of inactivity in this particular blog, is that I think I'll try to form a habit of posting here again.


I think I'll also try to form other good habits and stop some of the less good habits I have formed.  Why?  Because while walking the dogs this evening - one of the few good habits I continue, mainly due to the insistence of the dogs that I walk them, I was contemplating what to do with the next 128 days before I turn 50.

Yes, 50!  Not something I could have contemplated  many years ago but, due to some luck and possibly some fate, I look like I'm going to make it that far so I guess I should start to make more of the time I have left on this Earth.

So - habits.  That is what this blog will be about for the next few months - providing I form the habit of writing in it every day.

Tomorrow, I will attempt to develop the habit of eating fruit.  Something that should not be too difficult, what with living in Thailand.  To make it more interesting and to fit in with another theme of this blog for the next few months, I shall attempt to seek out and eat 50 different kinds of fruit.  Not in the same day, of course, but over the course of the next 128 days.

I had an apple today, so 49 to go.

No comments: