Friday, August 08, 2014

So here I am up in the air again, flying back from Bangkok to Udon Thani, this time. 

So what is there to document? 

Asking for shrimp rice soup the other morning at breakfast at the hotel, only to spot the ‘chef’ scoop out the rice soup from the chicken rice soup vat, avoiding bits of chicken.

When I challenged him he claimed he had got it from the kitchen.  Lazy, lying c***.

I eventually got a freshly made bowl of my desired fare after complaining to the head chef who, as he understood and was apologetic, clearly wasn’t Thai!

Bought some gold yesterday – a small gold bar weighing 15.24 grams, which set me back a cool 19,900 Thai Baht. 

47 commodities to invest in, in the next 120 or so days.  Oil and pork bellies are on my list as is a stake in a football team, a prophylactic company and an airline.  I’d like some copper, zinc and lithium to boot.

Haven’t had any more fruit but did quaff a glass of ‘Gak Fruit’ juice I discovered in the indoor market at the Thai Immigration Bureau the other day.  I blagged some seeds off the chap selling this extraordinary fruits’ by-products and hope to grow some back at the ‘ranch’.


Looking forward to being reunited with my faithful friends, George and Daisy; Song, Mam, Charlie, Delta and Echo the cats and Joey the fox.

I think the prospect of turning 50 is making me decidedly eccentric.

Oh, and finally, got a ride with a fairly eccentric taxi driver yesterday.  Loved the conversation, his display of toy cars and plastic birds and gave him a 20 pence coin as a memento of our short journey in time together.


Quite the opposite of the miserable b****** who drove me to the airport today.  Git.


No comments: