Sunday, August 03, 2014

So in order to form a habit, one has to repeat the action one is seeking to form into a habit, with sufficient regularity in order that said action becomes habitual.

At least that’s my take on it, anyway!

So, here in the skies as I fly from Udon Thani down to Bangkok (for the umpteenth time this year due to my current work), I write today’s entry into my recently resurrected blog.

Blog writing is a good habit to form, in my opinion, as it gets one into the habit of writing, for a start, and thus sustaining one’s ability to spell and use series’ of words in a cohesive manner. 

At least that’s my take on it, anyway!

It can also help to expand one’s vocabulary in order to present one’s writing as more appealing to potential readers, and, with the help of a spell-checker and thesaurus, one can hopefully develop one’s creative writing skills.

Sounds like a pitch for an online communicative project between schools in the UK and overseas.  Perhaps it will become one but, for now, I’ll move back into writing today’s blog entry.

One thing I’ve got into the habit of since July 12th, which was ‘Khao Pansa’ day in Thailand, or Buddhist Lent, is not eating meat.    Just had a quick exchange with the charming Nok Air flight attendants about swapping my Auntie Anne’s chicken snack for something which doesn’t contain meat.    I now have myself a chocolate pretzel to go with my cup of water.

Chocolate Pretzel


I don’t particularly miss meat and haven’t found it too difficult to live without on a daily basis – I still eat eggs, fish and seafood, though it is challenging trying to find anything very tasty living in such a rural area.  I’ll have to start serious cooking and freezing.  Perhaps a sub-blog of 50 healthy recipes to come over the next 127 days.

A habit I will be getting out of is consuming processed foods, but that is for later as I form other habits on the way, so for now, I shall indulge in the moment.

Upon landing, I shall seek out a fruit stall and get my ‘5 a-day’ in the shape of five different kinds of fruit, which will add to my target.

Then I shall investigate the possibility of going for a run over in the sports’ stadium near my hotel and see what is on at the pictures.  I think I could get 50 films in within 127 days if I lived in Bangkok but I may have to build my own home cinema to achieve that in deepest, darkest Sakhon Nakhon.

Perhaps, not such a bad idea – rent a van, a marquee, a projector, screen and speakers and start a travelling cinema – you heard it here first, folks!  Perhaps the likes of Brad Pitt would like to contribute to this start up?

Finally, for today, I will start the habit of investing.  I intend to buy a bit of a Bitcoin, some gold and some foreign currency.  I’ll see if by Investing in 50 different entities, I can’t make a few bob.

Blog, blog, wherever you may be, for I am the Lord of the Blog said He
And I’ll lead you on, wherever you may be
And I’ll lead you on to the blog said He




No comments: