Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I think I'm in the 89th day if I'm counting backwards so that means it's been over ten days since my last drop of lager. Don't feel any fitter but I shall try to remedy that in the holidays which are a mere 5 weeks away.

I thought there would be tests but today takes the biscuit. My best friend - only friend in Thailand who is from this country, died yesterday. P'Yong was killed in a car crash. I don't know the details but I do know that one of the nicest guys I will ever meet has been taken from his new wife and his family and friends way too early for logic to have played a part.

I dedicate the rest of these few blogging days to you Yong and by God I'm going to say goodbye to you properly when I next go to Ubon Ratchathani.

I will miss you, mate.

This is Yong's wife Bee, P'Yong (he is actually a few months younger than me but he's P'Yong to everyone else so I call him it too) and me in one of our trips out to the stunning countryside of North-East Thailand.

No comments: