Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Blog for Blog's sake, money for God's sake.

A few new's. Ate some 'Mon' food and used an industrial strength hole puncher. 'Mon' is the name of a group of people who originate from around the Burmese border area and I was treated to some snacks of theirs at a school I visited the other day. Fairly tasty. The hole puncher needs no explanation, should anyone be reading this, but it was the' mother of all hole punchers' and could probably enable one to file a steel plate in one's folder, should that be a necessity. That might mean around 94 news to go. Hmm. Difficult.

Anyway, it being March the 23rd, I am now into day 30, or day 70, whichever way I look at it. I ate meat yesterday but am not over-concerned about that. I shall just add another day to my 30 so as to acheive this goal. It was more of there not being anything else available on offer at the MOE in the lunch they put on rather than my 'breaking' as there is usually plenty of fair around that keeps me more than satisfied.

It's strange in a way that I am now even turning my nose up at some of the meat dishes that one sees on offer around Bangkok in the sort of irritating way a 'born again' non-smoker might be 'disgusted' at the whiff of cigarette smoke after he's finally got over the critical stages of quitting his ones extremely pleasurable habit. At least I'm keeping it to myself though and not turning into a complete wanker. Note the adjectival clause. Wanker!

14 days to the steak including the extra day for bad behaviour.

Not much going on in my life except work, domesticity, sleep and again again. I love the work, love domesticity and love sleep so I am happy.

Not sure whether it'll be an ice-cold lager in 70 days time or a large glass of fine Cognac or perhaps a Long Island Iced Tea. I don't really mind what it is and I now know that it won't seem anywhere near as pleasurable as a glass of cold beer would have done after a week of abstinence as that's the way the brain works. Not sure if I was an alcoholic or just had what the doctors or experts refer to as a 'drinking problem.' Not sure I even had that but I do know that the brain will act as a small child if the body doesn't get what it wants in the short term. If you deny it what it wants for longer than it can keep up the histrionics, it'll soon forget what it was even creating about in the first place.

Strange that as it's me who's tellnig me this at the moment. How close we are to clinical insanity.

Bye bye Blog.

No comments: