Friday, March 05, 2004

Day 88. Today is 'Macha Bucha' Day so it is a holiday for all.

P'Yong was cremated yesterday and his ashes cast over the Moon river. A good resting place. Now his ex-wife and family and wife are fighting over his property. A global post-death scenario, I guess.

Went out on the town last night. Another excellent Ruby in a different restaurant this time. Thought I'd risk the chicken for the first time in over seven weeks and it was well worth it. For anyone ending up here via Panaya Park and lives in Japan, the Indians in Bangkok are simple in another league. This is UK Indian quality if not better. Chicken Jalfreizi was 'awesome'.

Visited a few bars including one in Soi Zero where the music is excellent. They have a great idea of coming around the bar with a karaoke style menu and asking you to select your favourite tracks. Excellent stuff!

Came home in a taxi and lucidly recall all of the journey. That I will count towards my tally.

Another good thing happened to me yesterday and earlier in the week. First I learned that I would be asked to go back to Sydney in May for a regional meeting and training session. Bummer!! Then I was told that I'd have to go down south to train some schools in ICT & professional development. Catastrophic! Finally I have been asked to organise a Fantasy Football tournament for 16 schools in Thailand to take part in as part of a 'learning through sport and ICT' initiative. Money for what I do in my precious little spare time. Unfair!

Not missing the booze much. Not losing weight or feeling much better (not that I don't feel great, anyway) but I've started so I'll finish.

No comments: