Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A bit more ...

I couldn't run yesterday as it was hammering it down with rain when I got home and therefore the traffic was a nightmare - bad Bangkok traffic is not a good atmosphere to run in.

I was at the hospital in the morning getting a blood test and X-Ray. I'm trying to stop being a workaholic but nevertheless I still managed to be checking my emails as I was waiting for the results. One of them left me in a state of shock and rather upset. An ex-colleague of mine who I only knew a little had died of cancer this Saturday gone. She was a lovely woman and as far as I know had only had been battling the disease for a year. I think she had a young family and she was certainly quite a bit younger than me. It's really sad news and I feel for her family.

Could've been me instead of her, but as it happens, I am still in remission and go back for another test in September. The news shook me up for the rest of the day.

Anyway, back to today and i ran in the park and then walked home which adds up to 7km which is now 981km to go with 158 days to go which is an average of just under 6km/day.

A bit scary really and the more I blog here and on other sites the more I'm going to have to see it through! I'm going to have to get more songs for my MP3 player but for now here's my favourite of tonight's run. Who said Elvis was dead?

No comments: