Sunday, June 15, 2008

1000km - 10KG

I have decided, yet again I might add, to do something about my procastinatory approach to life.

A few years back, I managed to train for and complete the Bangkok Marathon which I repeated the following year. Last year, however, I had the convenient excuse of having major surgery followed by six-months of chemotherapy and radiation. It hasn't stopped others but I guess I don't quite fall into that category.

Anyway, one year and 6 days from that turning point in my life - I was still in hospital this time last year, and came out a trim 5 kilos lighter than I went in.

Alas I have managed to put it all back on plus more and it really is about time I got it together to get fit again. I'll excuse myself the indulgence of the past six-months of doing bugger all after finishing the post-op treatment but now it's got to stop!

So, I have set myself the target of either running or walking 1000km between now and the next Bangkok marathon, which is on November 23rd. I will save the final 42.195km for that day and have theorised that I could also lose 10kg in the process.

By blogging about it here and exposing myself to ridicule as usual, I hope to use this as an incentive for achieving my goals.

Over and out and it's off to JJ market to kill some time looking at things I don't want to buy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too have 'put it on'... after losing loads.... good luck in your challenge....

Matt