Sunday, June 15, 2008

12 down, 988 to go ...

Well one of the hardest parts is over - the first 12 km. Admittedly it was a walk/run/walk/run job but nevertheless felt good to be back pounding the pavements of BKK again.

2 bananas kept me going as I had heard on the radio on Saturday that they contain three types of sugar and enough energy for 40 minutes, which seemed to do the trick although the 12km took nearly 2 hours.

I know it's slow but I forced myself to walk every part I planned to walk as I have a lot of time and a lot of distance to cover between now and November 23rd.

Plenty of time to think along the way and I thought it'd be a good idea to see if I could raise some money for a good cause. How about a grand? A thousand quid could be very useful for someone so I'll see what I can do over the next few weeks to get people signed up to giving over their hard-earned cash in 5 month's time.

Only 5km to do tomorrow but I might go for 6 as I've somehow got to 'find' an extra 36km
from somewhere according to my plan, which I'll post tomorrow when I come back.

I'm also going to have a look at Buddhism to see if there are any tips for sticking to one's plan and not falling to the wayside of procrastination!

I need an appropriate song. Er ...

No comments: