Friday, April 09, 2004

Blog a little bit. Blog a little bit of your blog to me.

54 days to go. I must say that for anyone who likes a beer as much as I do - and I do like a beer, when you're counting the days till your next one it can usually be done on one hand. I'm looking forward to that day.

The summer is upon us in Bangers and the heat just cries out for a nice thin stemmed but gradually rising to a cresendo of fizzy, effervescent froth, dancing in the shadows of the just-set sun, topping the condensation forming just-off freezing-chilled amber delight called .... Lager.

They don't even sell the crap non-alcoholic version here like they do in Spain so there isn't even a placebo but I suppose it wouldn't really be one as I'd damn well be able to taste the difference between bottled urine and the real thing. Unless of course one likes to embibe Heineken.

Well, will I make it? I am of course posing this question to myself as it is me who has to decide these things. It is certainly the longest I've been without a drink for twenty years, so I'd be quick to offer excuses for not lasting the course and still be satisfied; but which one of me am I kidding?

It's easy when I'm working as I have a good incentive in staying focussed but now I have 25 days holiday.

I give myself a 40/60 chance of making it to the end without crumbling on a balmy evening in Vientiane.

Blogger and out.

No comments: