Wednesday, April 14, 2004

All I needed was the Blog you gave.
All I needed for another Blog.
And all I ever Blogged.
Only Blog.

Well, I reached 47 days of no alcohol consumption and then succumbed on the first evening of my holiday. No real surprises from me and no real big disappointment. It was an anticlimax as I thought it would be but nevertheless the beer was pleasant.

We were having a meal on a restaurant that also happened to float on the River Kwai so I am afraid that it required the presence of my old friend, Lager.

Anyway, a very enjoyable evening was had by the both of us. Jeam was particularly happy as she had never been on a 'floating restaurant' before and come to think of it, neither had I.

News:

Floating restaurant
Seeing Jack Fruit growing on a tree - bloody big things jack fruit. Poor tree.
Seeing Pomelo growing on a tree. Big grapefruit shaped things. Taste like grapefruit, too.
Eating 'Man Keaw' a type of fruit. Pretty tasteless really and looked much more delicious than it actually was.
River rafting. Enjoyable but would have been less hard work if the old bugger we were alocated had pulled his weight a bit more with the bamboo stick we used to propel ourselves along the river with.
Crossing a river on an elephant. Damn versatile things, elephants.
Swimming in a Thai lake. Very nice after a run in the morning.
Eating so-called 'Burmese curry'. Tasted like dish water and was probably something similar to what the poor sods building the railway were given by the Imperial Japanese Army all those years ago.

So.
Where do we go
Where do we go now
Where do we go
Sweet Blog o' mine?

No comments: