Thursday, September 04, 2008

Unrest in Bangkok

While the well-reported unrest is going on in Bangkok in a typically Thai way - I haven't really noticed any change in atmosphere in the city except a few ids dressed as soldiers guiding the traffic the other morning, I have returned to the Big Mango and am now circumnavigating Jatujak Park with increased regularity at 18:15 every evening.

Well, three evenings this week so far.

I did manage 11km on the treadmill of the Amari Plaza Hotel in Hanoi but no more there. That is now added to 21km I've run in the park which leaves, er, 698km. I keep missing my targets but I aim to do 9km tomorrow and 21km on Saturday. That will take me down to 668km.

I then have 2 and a half weeks till I go to London on business so I aim to bring the total down to 564 by then. The missable target will be:

Tuesday 9th - 6km
Wednesday 10th - 9km
Thursday 11th - 9km
Friday 12th - 12km
Saturday 13th 21km
Tuesday 16th - 6km
Wednesday 17th - 9km
Thursday 18th - 9km
Friday 19th - 12km
Saturday 20th 21km
Tuesday 23rd - 6km

I would then try to run 64km in London and come back needing to do 350km in October - a difficult feat given that I have to be in Taiwan and Indonesia but nothing, they say, is impossible.

Over and out!

No comments: