Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back in Hanoi!

I'm in Hanoi again - seems to be my second home for the past couple of months! This is the third leg of my work here to support Vietnam colleagues work on the project I manage - Connecting Classrooms.

We were in Ho Chi Minh City yesterday from Saturday and before that, Danang in the centre of the country.

I really will add some photos and info and links and stuff and spend a good few hours updating the entries soon (!!) but for now I must go for a run in the hotel gym. It's midday so it is too hot outside and I've got to the stage where I think I need to run every day until November if I'm to crack the 1000km target!

Anyway, up to Danang I was 794.8km - 28km which leaves 766.8km, which is a bloody lot!

In Danang I ran by the river and was joined by a charming young thing called Lan who spoke a bit of English - my first, 'social running' experience!

I guess I probably did about 4.8km then so down to 762km. Then in HCMC I did 5km on the treadmill in the hotel and an estimated 9km from the hotel to the park, around 8 times and back. I also did another 5km in the hotel and I'm just about to do a 10km run here so it will be down to - 731km.

My plan must be to do another 11 tomorrow then 20 on Sunday followed by 300km in September if I am to get anywhere near my target.

I'm going to have to get serious!

No comments: