Sunday, February 29, 2004

Day 93 was yesterday and it was a Saturday, so work all day of the kind I'm leaving behind, but still enjoy. Teaching English. Two classes of nice people once a week is the kind of English teaching I can handle. I sympathise with my colleagues on seven, eight or nine classes at awkward times of the day plus the endless meetings, administrative duties and general company policy of nit-picking. Still, they do have the 45 days-year holidays and as I still do, which I'd be loathe to let go of.

Hmm, what shall it be this April? Unspoilt tropical island in the South or a trip to Hanoi to see James and Carmel. Decisions.

Anyway, the lack of alcohol part of this 'war' doesn't seem to be a problem. I get just as excited watching Arsenal go two up in the space of 4 minutes only to end up needing the post to prevent them from blowing the two points needed to go nine points clear at the top, although the Man U game hadn't yet finished, without 3 or 4 litres of lager to wash it down, as I do with.

I can also concentrate on the running more seriously although I suffer from a few isms and work is another of them. Trouble is I won't feel I can 'relax' until I secure a better position and therefore salary and can take the foot off the pedal. The chances are though that something else will come along after that to give me yet another carrot to chase. I hope not.

Anyway, let's move into day 92 so I can be done with this blogging for today. Jeam (my long suffering girlfriend (as most of them have been) and I are going to J.J. Market to have a wander around the throngs and get a bit of a late breakfast. Late breakfast or early lunch will do for me, by the way. No need to clutter the English language with Americanisms.

I aim to try and pick up a few 'firsts' as this part of the 'war' is a little more difficult to follow, as is the weight thing, (as the food's so damn delicious and I 'don't smoke, don't drink what do you do?'). Shouldn't be too much of a problem in one of Asias biggest outdoor markets,but I shall see.

Bolton V Middlesbrough later today in the Tin Pot final at Cardiff. I know a man out there who will be right behind 'the Boro' and hope that he doesn't have too arduous a day at the office tomorrow, whatever the outcome.

I am afraid, as a pragmatist, my money is on Sam Allardyce's men to prove too strong for the erratic perennial mid-tablers.

No comments: