Monday, July 28, 2008

Sapa, Hanoi again, Dong Hoi, Lao Bao, Dansavanh and Savannakhet


Since my last Blog entry, I've come down from the foothills of North Vietnam, back to Hanoi for a bit of a rest and then down to Dong Hoi, which is near Danang in the centre of Vietnam.

Dong Hoi was a bit of a let-down and unless you really have to go there for a very good reason I would recommend avoiding it.

Sapa, on the other hand, was truly awesome - a really beautiful place with very friendly people and amazing views, crystal clear waters and clean air.

I've pasted in the photos to the right of this blog and the one on here is me, dressed in traditional Red Zhao gear with my 'wife'.

I'll blog some more soon about how we got from Dong Hoi to Ubon Ratchathani via public bus for 510 baht.

Meanwhile I'd better also record that I am still running regularly and recently clocked up the following:
10 km – Lake in Hanoi
6km lake in Sapa
11km lake in Sapa
10km lake in Hanoi
9km in Savannakhet
7km in park in Ubon and I am about to do another 7km around the lake in Ubon so that will be a total of 60km which will take me down to 794.8km with 3 and a half months to go.

No comments: