Sunday, July 20, 2008

Foothills of Sapa

After finishing my work in Hanoi, I went to Halong Bay for an internal meeting for three days. Now I'm not particularly a fan of meetings as such, but my Vietnamese colleagues or new 'sisters' as we spent the better part of two weeks together working, made sure that everything was just perfect.

The highlight for me, apart from meeting up with the 'team', who are all lovely people, was dinner on Monday night in the 'Bay.

I made a little video of the snaps I took that evening and hope to receive some more photos. A really beautiful place and a splendid evening. Most conducive to producing some hard work the next day in our second day of sponsorship training!

I've also added the video of the cyclo tour and puppet show in Hanoi - great stuff!

While in Halong Bay, I managed to run a bit, although it was very humid and knocked off another 14km and another 10 when back in Hanoi by going around the lake 5 times.

That deducted from 878.8km leaves 854.8km.

Later, I'll blog about Sapa, in the North of Vietnam, which is where I am now.




No comments: