Sunday, October 08, 2006

Amari Watergate Midnight Charity Run

Well I didn't get to listen to my new Ska records because the damn earphones kept slipping out despite my taping them to my ears - must have been the iced water I was throwing over myself at every occasion. Shall have to get some new 'ear-hugging' over-the-lobe type ones, er .. this afternoon! Yes, I love shopping at weekends! It was rather hot last night even though the race started at midnight!

Anyway, I ran my race of 12km in what I think was a respectable under 70 minutes and that was with a really slow start getting through the starting gate as there were apparently over 3,000 people racing last night.

Not suffering too many aches or pains so this has given me a real incentive to step up the training for the big one on Novemeber 26th. I hope I can both beat my time and raise more money this year.

There was even a free beer thrown in last night so 'big-up' to the Amari Watergate and all their sponsors - I think about 3,000,000 THB was raised for the AIDS orphans in Lopburi so its all worthwhile.

No comments: