Sunday, July 01, 2007

2007 Part II


Well, I haven't posted since April 14th but not for the lack of things happening between then and now.

The end of May - beginning of June were particularly 'trying' times for me with a number of 'ups' and 'downs' to coin a cliche.

Saturday June 9th was a particularly significant day in my life as it was the day I underwent major surgery, courtesy of Bamrungrad International Hospital, a brilliant surgeon and his team, wonderful nursing staff and last but not least, comprehensive medical cover provided by my employers. Don't have good coverage? Get it now!

Anyway, I spent 9 days in my own private en-suite room which made things a little more comfortable although there is only so much cable TV one can watch and be entertained by once the morphine is no longer required!

So, for today I shall simple put up a picture of a typical scene at a Bangkok Hypermarket and come back over the next few days to Blog about my new job, a bit about my illness without dwelling there for too long, starting training for my 3rd Bangkok Marathon and whatever else I get up to and manage to take a picture or video clip of.

Here's a video with a very tentative connection with today's post, but it's great to go back there and see how truly, 'interesting' the 80's were!

No comments: