Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sabah Malaysia




Well, I haven't been here for a while but thought I ought to write a bit seeing as I am now on holiday and have a bit of time.






Just came back from Kota Kinabalu, which is the capital city of Sabah, Malaysian Borneo. I was there working (yes!) and had to run a three-day web communities workshop for students on a project called, 'Dreams+Teams', at a secondary school.






I was very well looked after by the school - Malaysian hospitality is second-to-none - and I was taken out to various dinners each evening and sampled a variety of great food.





Spent Sunday & Monday relaxing after my weeks work - I did have to get up at 6:00 every morning and missed all the hotel breakfasts! - went to a small island fifteen minutes by boat away from the mainland and did a couple of afternoons of snorkelling. There were ots of really beautiful fish which I fed with bread and was even able to touch them as they were busy gorging themselves on my sliced white.


There are some really good diving spots around Sabah, a very high mountain to climb, Urang Utangs and Proboscis monkeys to see plus the worlds largest flower - the Rafflesia - growing in the lush rain forests.

I'll be going back there September or October so I'll be doing all of the above and then some.

Lovely people, too.

No comments: